Perfectly positioned, accessible to both the Arabian Gulf and the Indian Ocean and the unbeatable logistical advantage of the ‘Sharjah Link’ make the SAIF-Zone the ideal business hub.
There are distinct advantages of doing business in Sharjah and the SAIF-Zone. With a trading history dating back to the early 18th century, Sharjah today accounts for more than 40% of all industrial activity in the UAE.
The Sharjah Ports and Free Zone, Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and the Government of Sharjah are extremely pro-active and business savvy entities geared to provide all assistance to potential businessmen.
In addition to tax-free operation and an absence of red-tape, the SAIF-Zone offers unbeatable trade incentives and unparalleled benefits to investors:
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- 100% exemption from income and corporate taxes
- License issued within 24 hours
- On site labor accommodation
- Sponsorship and visa’s for all staff
- Access to over 2 billion customers Strategic location
- 24 hour hotline for equipment and provision of labour
- Global and regional communications with excellent air, land and sea links
- Simplified procedures
- Back up services provided by the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Sharjah Expo
- Competitive structure of fee, property and management
- 24 X 7 Operations.
- No restriction on hiring of 100% expatriate workers, and many more.
- Economic wage structure and no restriction on hiring of 100% expatriate workers, and many more.
- From 24 sqm (area)
- From 21 sqm (area)
Land on Lease
2500 sqm (minimum area)
- 125 sqm
- 250 sqm
- 400 sqm
- 600 sqm
Investors can avail different types of licenses in order to do business in the SAIF-Zone.
- Industrial License Allows the investor to import raw material, manufacture, process, assemble, package and export the finished product. (Subject to clearance from SAIF-Zone Health & Environment Dept.)
- Commercial License Allows the investor to import, export, distribute, consolidate and store items specified in the license. There is a maximum limit of three similar product lines.
- General Trading License As the name suggests, a large number of products fall within its ambit. This type of license can be obtained under the commercial license.
- Service License Allows the investor to carry out only specified services. (Unless restricted by the federal or local authorities, all types of services are allowed within the SAIF-Zone).