RAK Maritime City (RAKMC) was created as a Free Zone by Emiri Decree in Dec 2009, and the Decree also confirmed the boundaries of the new maritime city. The benefits are as diverse as the offerings. RAK Maritime City free zone combines the best in international port facilities with inherent business advantages for companies seeking cost efficient, secure, transparent and customized business answers with the best in tax benefits. RAK Maritime City will be zoned into areas for specified use — retail, warehousing, general cargo handling, industrial production and manufacturing, tank storage and shipbuilding or repairs. Each will be able to incorporate companies as both FZE and FZC entities, along with a choice of trading licences, work permits and UAE residence visas. With significant land expansion available for individual companies, outstanding access to a variety of markets, low operating costs, and complete business support in all your ventures, RAK Maritime City is your maritime gateway into the region.
Property and Plot Sizes
Plot sizes range from 25,000sqm upwards and those plots with an exclusive berth or jetty of 100 linear metres will necessitate a minimum leased area of approximately 40,000sqm.
Setting up in RAKMC involves obtaining a combination of business license, legal entity and a facility.
Types of Licenses
Note: These Licenses are only valid within RAKMC – licensees are not allowed to operate in the UAE outside RAKMC premises.
- Commercial License This license allows the holder to import, export, sell, distribute and store items specified on the license. If the finished products are sold in the UAE market then the License holder will need to do this through a local distributor or a local agent. Up to seven activities under a similar business activity group.
- General Trading License A General Trading License can be obtained under a Commercial License, which allows for more than seven product lines.
- Industrial License This license allows the holder to import raw materials for the purpose of manufacturing, processing and/or assembly of specified products. The finished products may be exported outside the UAE. Sales in the UAE market must go through a distributor or a local agent.
Types of Legal Entities
A company wishing to set up business at RAKMC can be registered as one of the following four legal entities:
- New Establishments
- Free Zone Establishment This type of Company can be formed only by one shareholder, either an individual (person) or a Company.
- Free Zone Company This type of Company can be formed by a minimum of two shareholders and a maximum of five founders. The founders can be Individuals (person), Non-Individuals (companies) or a combination of individuals and companies.
- Local Branch A branch of a domestic firm residing in the United Arab Emirates. The parent company should have existed for more than one year.
- Foreign Branch A branch of a international firm residing outside the United Arab Emirates. The parent company should have existed for more than one year.
RAKMC Free Zone will issue both FZE and FZCo licenses. Work permits and residence visas will also be issued by RAKMC.
The Free Zone is divided into two types of plots – plots with a linear quay length as part of its boundary, and giving exclusive use of that quay, and plots with no direct access to the water and located away from the harbour area.
RAKMC is also zoned into areas for specified uses – retail, warehousing, general cargo handling, industrial production and manufacturing, and ship building and repairs. Plots are available with a minimum size of 25,000 sqm. However, plots with an exclusive berth / jetty of 100 linear meters will necessitate a minimum leased area of approx 40,000 sqm. Lease agreements are being offered for 25 years, renewable for a further 25 years. Longer leases will be considered for periods up to 99 years.
Ras Al khaimah Free Trade Zone (RAKFTZ) has already developed into a world-class business hub with state-of-the-art infrastructure and hi-tech facilities for industrial growth and development in less than ten years of its inception. The Free Zone, offers customized support services to its investors. It is one of the most cost-effective free zones in the region and most importantly, it offers an absolutely trouble-free, customer-friendly environment, which is very important for the success of any enterprise.
RAK Free Trade Zone Business Park
The Business Park is located in the central business district of the city, close to the modern RAK Exhibition Centre, Hilton Hotel & Beach Club and Al Manar Shopping & Entertainment Mall.
It caters to the needs of the clients with their requirement of sophisticated offices in a well developed business center.The RAK Business Centre is a free zone facility which gives investors an opportunity to start a business with no hassles. Some of the key features of the RAK Business Centre are the furnished, fully-functional and ready-to-use offices, flexi-offices (shared office) & flexi-desks (shared desk) in various locations rendered in consistence with the investors’ convenience. All of these are offered at highly cost-effective rates.
It offers all of the facilities required by international businesses:
- Superior telecommunications offered by Etisalat
- modern airport connections to 25 countries
- Excellent port facilities at Port Saqr – only 25 kilometres from Ras Al Khaimah
- Close proximity to the emirates of Dubai and Sharjah.
RAK Free Trade Zone Industrial Park
Located along the Ras Al Khaimah coastal road approximately 15 km north of Ras Al Khaimah and immediately adjacent to Hulaylah Island, which is approximately 6 km from Saqr Port. It is developed for construction of Heavy Industries & Warehousing and incorporates abundant energy supply.
Plot sizes are provided to suit individual client requirements and are fully serviced with water, electricity and telecommunications. The facilities include On-site employee accommodation, Custom Office, Operation Supportive Services Centre & other administrative and service support centre located within the Park.
RAK Free Trade Zone Technology Park
Located at South of Ras Al Khaimah, The Technology Park close proximity to Dubai via the Emirates Road, which is also well known as center of attraction for the business community and in close proximity to the Ras Al Khaimah International Airport.
Covering an area of 100 hectares, it is located opposite 5 Star resorts with an 18-hole golf course (Al Hamra village & resort). It is sited in a rapidly expanding area devoted to Light Industries & automated manufacturing and capital intensive quality lifestyle projects.
RAK Business Centre in Business Park (Ras Al Khaimah)
The RAK Business Center, the state of the art center and one-stop-shop of professional services for individuals and organizations in business in the UAE and in the region. RAK Business Center has the latest technology and a wide range of facilities and services supported by qualified and experienced staff with an emphasis on pro-active customer service.
RAK Businessmen Centre in Fairmont (Dubai)
One of the fastest growing cities in the world, Dubai is considered to be the commercial hub of the UAE and offers unlimited business opportunities. Dubai’s infrastructure and services match international levels which offer an excellent business environment and all advantages of a highly developed economy. Located on the seventh floor of The Fairmont Dubai; the Business Center offers one-stop shop facilities to businessmen.
The Business Center provides you all the support you need to make your operations highly successful by assisting you in obtaining necessary licenses, providing fully furnished office space, conference facilities, front desk secretarial services, marketing services, call-center services, mail forwarding services and other administrative services.