Hamriya Free Zone
Hamriyah Free Zone is located in the emirate of Sharjah. Sharjah is the only one of seven emirates with ports on the Arabian Gulf’s west and east coasts with direct access to the Indian Ocean, and an International Airport. Sharjah offers extensive transportation links to the Gulf states, Indian subcontinent and the emerging markets in Asian and African nations. These services are made possible by the “Sharjah link”.
- 100% Tax free environment
- 100% Company ownership
- 100% Exemption from all commercial levies
- 100% Repatriation of capital and profits
Activities Allowed by the Free Zone
Almost any activity is permitted by Hamriyah Free Zone as long as the activity is environmentally friendly and in accordance with local rules. Though it is preferred, companies do not have to add value to their products. Investors can ship goods in and out of HFZ without necessarily adding any value at all.
Facilities for lease
Pre-built warehouses, factories and offices are available for investors to take advantage of, and for those who require tailor-made facilities there are industrial plots available for lease. Staff accommodation is also available onsite with a choice of senior or junior suites.
Land for lease – Tailor made development
The strategic plan for future development of HFZ’s prime property envisions the building of a range of industrial plots ranging in size from 5,000 sq. m. and upwards in multiples of 5,000 sq. m. These plots can be developed by investors to suit their exact requirements, and up to 60% of the land that is leased can be developed.
Types of License issued in Hamriyah Free Zone
The type of License that will be issued to an applicant company will be defined by the activity the applicant company is permitted by the Hamriyah Free Zone to undertake as follows:
- Industrial License This license will allow the holder to import raw materials for the purpose of manufacturing, processing and/or assembly of specified products. The finished products may be exported outside the UAE. If the finished products are sold in the UAE market then the License holder will need to do this through a local distributor or a local agent.
- Commercial License This license will allow the holder to import, export, sell, distribute and store items specified on the license. If the finished products are sold in the UAE market then the License holder will need to do this through a local distributor or a local agent.
- Service License This license allows the holder to carry out the services which are specified on the license within the Hamriyah Free Zone only.