Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) is wholly owned by the Government of Dubai and is considered the only technology park in the region that provides both a living and working integrated community. Silicon Oasis is a Free Zone Authority and provides a full package of a free zone incentives and benefits to companies operating within the tech park.
Dubai Silicon Oasis’ (DSO) spans 7.2 square kilometres enjoying one of the most developed infrastructures in the region. The Authority has injected a large capital investment in its infrastructure to cater the need of high tech industries in the free zone, this ranges from advanced telecommunications, a fibre optic network, tier 3 data centre with 120 high capacity racks, and an advanced utility infrastructure with 8 power stations with a capacity of 1,600 mega watts.
The technology park possesses a combined fire, water and irrigation supply system which is supported by a pump station and a 5,000 cubic meter underground irrigation tank. A sanitary water network is also provided giving potable water supply of 44,525 cubic meters per day based on an estimated 162,400 population working and/or living at the Silicon Oasis. DSO has a sewerage management system includes onsite pumping stations that transport wastewater to municipal plants through a new pressure pipeline. Current capacity of the sewage management system is 3,000 cubic metres per day (of which the technology park currently uses approximately a third) with a planned expansion set to see the capacity increased to 10,000 cubic metres to facilitate the community’s future growth.
In addition, DSO has a fully completed network of roads allowing quick and easy in and out access to Dubai’s major highways.
Dubai Silicon Oasis has a full capacity to host semiconductor Manufacturing or similar type of industry in its zone.
DSO specifically focuses on those companies operating in the hi-tech sector including the following industries:
- Mobile Technologies
- Data Centre
- Arabization / Localization Technologies
- Software / Software-As-A-Service (SAAS)
In order to register your business with DSOA you must choose one of the following three company types.
- Branch Any established company, whether in the UAE or abroad, can register its branch in the Dubai Silicon Oasis. The activity of the branch proposes to conduct in the Dubai Silicon Oasis is required to be identical to the activity conducted by the parent company. There is no minimum required capital to establish a branch.
- Free Zone Establishment An FZE is a legal entity incorporated/registered by a single shareholder. The shareholder can either be an individual or a non-individual/corporate. The minimum required capital to establish an FZE is AED 100,000 represented by one share with any additional capital required to be in multiples of AED 10,000. An FZE enjoys limited liability status.
- Free Zone Company An FZCO is a legal entity incorporated/registered with a minimum of two shareholders. Shareholders can be either individuals or non-individual(s)/corporate. The minimum required capital is AED 100,000 with each share required to be of the value of AED 10,000 or a multiple figure. An FZCO enjoys limited liability status.
Companies already established with the Dubai Economic Department (DED) and who wish to operate in the The Administrative Zone in DSO (i.e. in non-DSOA property) should apply for a Business Operation Permit.